Error message

  • Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /home/joeega3/
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /home/joeega3/

James L . Stewart

James L. Stewart, age 75, of North Augusta, South Carolina, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at Kobacker House, Columbus, Ohio. Jim was born April 29, 1938 in Norwalk, Ohio, the son of the late James Alexander and Helene (Laning) Stewart. He retired from the U.S. Forest Service as Staff Director of Forest Disease Research following 30 years of service. Jim is survived by his sisters and brother-in-law, Joanne Lewis, Nancy and Jim Monahan; nieces and nephews and many friends.
Jim was a graduate of Lorain High School Class of 1956 and received his Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Michigan State University. He enjoyed traveling and the outdoors, particularly fishing and hiking. Jim, a supporter of the arts, listened to all forms of music- opera and the symphony to name a few, and loved life, especially with his family and friends. He attended Grace United Methodist Church in North Augusta. Services for Jim will be private and held at a later date.
Additional information provided by WFIWC member Bill Ciesla:
Upon graduation from Michigan State University, Jim joined the Forest Service as a forest pathologist in R-2. Later he transferred to R-6 as a forest pathologist and subsequently served as Field Representative for the Pineville, LA Field Office of R-8, Forest Pest Management. He then joined the staff of PNW Station in Corvalis, OR as a research plant pathologist and several years later became Assistant Director for Continuing Research at the Southern Research Station. In 1976 he became Director of Forest Pest Management in the Washington Office, a position he held for about 10 years. In 1986 he became Director of Forest Insect and Disease Research in the WO. He retired during the mid-late 1990s and several years later moved to North Augusta, South Carolina.